Watering crops in an arid environment can be troublesome. Flood irrigation is one solution which is both effective and cost-efficient. Irrigation dams allow you to direct the water in your irrigation ditch or canal where you want it to go. Each pre-cut dam is cut from one piece of material, so there are no heat seals on the product that can fail.
A loop (or sleeve) is sewn along one edge, allowing the use of a 2x4 or a pipe to secure the top of the dam at the surface. The rest of the dam will drape down into the ditch/canal and block the water.
The sizing is based on initial cut size; check the Approx. Finish Sizes list for the approximate finish size of the dam's depth measurement.
Pre-Cut Orange Poly Irrigation Dam with Loop
- 6" loop/sleeve sewn with double-needle chain stitch
- 100% polyester thread, 4-5 stitches per inch
- Made from one piece of material: no heat seal or seam
- 10X10 weave (10 threads of poly each direction per sq. in.)
- 1000 denier HDPE threads and an LDPE coating
- Approximately 9 mil thick
- Material is 4.1 ounces per sq. yard
- Tensile strength: 160# x 160#
5' x 8' 4'4" Depth x 8' Width 6' x 6' 5'4" Depth x 6' Width 6' x 8' 5'4" Depth x 8' Width 7' x 9' 6'4" Depth x 9' Width 8' x 10' 7'4" Depth x 10' Width 10' x 12' 9'4" Depth x 12' Width